Folly Coffee Winer
The Folly Winer is for the specialty coffee drinker looking for a complex, acidic coffee. Similar to the acidity of a red wine (Winer...get it??), the Winer is a rich, full bodied cup that will take you at least a few cups to understand, if that makes any sense. Sophisticated and complex, like a Rubik's cube wearing a top hat.
This season's Winer is a Burundi Bwayi.
Burundi lies deep in the heart of Africa. It is particularly difficult to ship coffees from Burundi because of it's landlocked position. Burundi coffees have beautiful sparkling acidity and this coffee is no different. This coffee is heavy bodied with a complex citrus acidity and slight tea-like aroma. It is balanced, layered, and nuanced. A very unique cup.
- Acidity:¬†medium-high to high
- Body:¬†medium-heavy to heavy (depending on brew method)
- Aroma Notes:¬†honey, berries, dark fruits, the list goes on
- Taste Notes:¬†citric fruits, dark fruits, dark chocolate, light honey notes
- Origin:¬†Bwayi Washing Station Cooperative, Burundi
- Varietal:¬†Bourbon, Jackson, Mbirizi
- ÔªøAltitude:¬†Ôªø1,760 masl