Kenya AA Karumandi Microlot
This coffee is the first of a pair from our pals at Genuine Origin. They have a unique selling system that ships coffees in 65lb boxes direct to our door, ready for roasting.
In Karumandi, a settlement in Kenya‚Äôs Central Province, at the foot of Mt. Kenya National Park, coffee cherry is selectively hand picked and delivered to the wet mill the same day. Red, ripe cherries are separated from under-ripes, over-ripes and any twigs or leaves, and the wet mill processing utilizes clean river water that‚Äôs re-circulated before it‚Äôs disposed of in seepage pits. Before the coffee is delivered to the dry mill for secondary processing, it‚Äôs dried in the sun on traditional raised beds. This AA Karumandi was produced by the Baragwi Farmers Cooperative Society, which has approximately 980 members, made up of various producers from several local factories.
- Aroma Notes:¬†Ôªøsweet peppers, lavender
- Taste Notes:¬†mandarin orange, sweet & sour candy, bell peppers
- Origin:¬†Kirinyaga County, Baragwi Farmer‚Äôs Co-Op Society, Kenya
- ÔªøVarietal:¬†ÔªøSL-28, SL-34, Ruiru 11, Batian
- ÔªøAltitude:¬†Ôªø4,921 ft above sea level