Honduras El Playon
Israel Ventura is a patriarch of coffee growing in his area of Honduras. Darwin Pavon, owner of Theodore‚Äôs Coffee Roasters, describes Don Israel as a unique, quiet, thoughtful person, and very passionate about the farming side of his coffee business. In his search for coffee excellence, he is always experimenting with new cultivars, fertilizers, and processes.
That passion has led him to plant more than twelve varieties of coffee at El Playon, including this Pacas, a natural mutation of the Bourbon variety discovered in El Salvador in 1949. While retaining the best qualities of its parent, Pacas does well at high elevations, has a greater yield per plant, and is known for its sweetness, balanced acidity, and strong spice and floral notes.
- Acidity:¬†sweet orange acidity
- Body:¬†creamy mouthfeel
- Aroma Notes:¬†sweet and rich, caramelized sugars
- Taste Notes:¬†caramel, vanilla, dark chocolate, panela
- Origin: La Labor, Ocotepeque,¬†Honduras (Farmer: Israel Ventura)
- ÔªøAltitude:¬†Ôªø1,680 masl