Guatemala Santa Isabel
Santa Isabel is situated on 300 acres of high, fertile land in the cool, rainy area of Coban. The farm is owned and operated by the Valdez family. Luis is the general manager and his son, Wicho, whose background is in agronomy, acts as the agricultural manager. When the farm was originally planted with Bourbon, Caturra, and Catuai, the Coban region wasn't know for high-quality coffee. Fortunately, the Valdez family recognized the potential and through experimenting with cultivation techniques, drying practices, and an innovative pruning schedule, they've been successful in producing some truly spectacular coffees, placing twice in the Guatemala Cup of Excellence competition.
- Taste Notes:¬†peach, milk chocolate, cane sugar
- Process:¬†fully washed, sun-dried, and finished in guardiolas¬†
- Origin:¬†Coban, Guatemala
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai
- Farm:¬†Finca Santa Isabel
- Altitude:¬†1,400 to 1,600 masl