Folly Coffee Nerd Series 1: Costa Rica Washed Gesha (8oz.)
Price is for 8 ounces of coffee beans
The Gesha variety of coffee is the most sought-after in the world for its floral complexity. This batch is roasted to create a balanced, intricate flavor profile that is medium-heavy bodied with notes of red cherry, delicate stone fruit sweetness, a touch of milk chocolate bursting with a floral nose.
- Roast: light
- Acidity: red cherry-like acidity
- Body: medium-full body
- Aroma Notes: floral, fruit-forward aromas
- Taste Notes: red cherry, delicate stone fruit sweetness, and a touch of milk chocolate
- Process: washed
- Origin: Finca Toño (Aguilera Family), Costa Rica
- Varietal: Gesha (sometimes spelled 'Geisha')
- Altitude: 1,450 masl
This Coffee's Story (From Rob Bathe, owner of Folly Coffee)
This microlot comes from the Aguileras, a family of 12 brothers and sisters who are second-generation coffee producers in the West Valley. Their father was one of the first coffee growers in the area and planted his farm 70 years ago in an area that is now rich with coffee lands.