Espresso Savio is our hallmark seasonal espresso blend, named for the well-known activist and key member of the Free Speech Movement - Mario Savio. The coffees are roasted to individual profiles prior to being blended for an optimal flavor collaboration. The components of Savio change multiple times throughout the year to embrace the freshest harvests available to our roasting team. However, the flavor profile goal remains the same - chocolate driven with a focus sweetness, accented by a bright, clean acidity and hints of fruit. The current offering is a two-part blend composed of:
- 2/3 Mulish, a washed Ethiopian coffee from the Mulish washing station in the Guji zone.
- 1/3 Los Santos, a washed Guatemalan coffee from the Chimaltenango region.
- Roast: medium
- Acidity: juicy, clean acidity
- Body: full, luscious
- Taste Notes: dark chocolate, juicy, rich
- Process: varies seasonally
- Varietal: varies seasonally
- Origin: varies seasonally
- Altitude: varies seasonally