DECAF Mexico Select - Single Origin Coffee
Flavor & Origin Info
- Flavor notes: Graham cracker sweetness, cocoa, & a touch of fruit notes
- Country: Mexico
- Region: Tapachula, Chiapas
- Farm: Various smallholder farms
- Tree varieties: Tipica, Bourbon, Caturra, Mondo Novo, Catuaí
- Decaffeination method: Mountain water process/MWP
- Sourcing: Café Imports, Minneapolis MN
Decaf does not have to mean 'bad-tasting coffee!' Our importing partner, Café Imports, selects high-grade lots before the decaffeination process and employs a process which helps maintain the original flavors of the coffees while also ensuring the least possible ecological impact from decaffeination. This is a coffee we're proud to offer.
About the Producers
This coffee is processed by GRAPOS (Grupo de Asesores de Producción Orgánica y Sustentable), and is a certified Fair Trade & Organic producer(*). As of 2016, they process coffees from over 3,200 partner farms in the region. They also provide essential resources to coffee farmers, such asaccess to finance, technical assistance and community development programs. The group also works with farmers on other crops such as bananas, corn, and cocoa.
* Ross Street Roasting Co. is not a certified Fair Trade or USDA Organic roaster.